Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Surfing for the first time on my 21st birthday

On Friday the 18th of April 2008 was my 21st birthday. In the afternoon my family and I went to a friend's beach house in Makaha where I had my birthday party. I invited some of my friends and had a fun time with them.

Two of my friends took me out on the beach to go surfing. It was my
first time to try surfing. I learned how to sit, lie and stand on the surfboard. The surfboard had wax on top of it so when you lie or stand on it you won't slip off. I managed to stand on it a few times but only for a few seconds. The waves weren't very big where I was surfing. It was an awesome experience and I would like to do it again someday.

1 comment:

-J said...

Hi Caleb, I'm on vacation and don't have your email address. Can you email me at xychiba? It's my gmail, and x and y are my first and last initials. Thanks! Judith